Remove this ad

beloved

Lead

Nov 8 12 11:05 AM

Tags : :

All Christians pray for our President

Albert Mohler article 11-7-12

As morning dawned, the election of 2012 looms as one of the closest in American history. At 2:00 a.m., only 240,000 votes out of more than 103 million cast separated President Obama and Gov. Mitt Romney.

The margin in the Electoral College is significant, but the popular vote reveals a deeply divided nation.

Several lessons emerge in the immediate aftermath of the election and Christians should consider them carefully. First, we must recognize that President Barack Obama won a decisive and clear victory, surging to over 300 votes in the Electoral College before midnight.

Our main concern is the Gospel of Jesus Christ
. Christians must now pray for our President. As the Apostle Paul instructs us, “First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life, godly and dignified in every way.” (1 Timothy 2:1-2 ESV)

We should eagerly and urgently pray for our President. We should pray for his health and his family, for his stamina and his character. We should even pray that he and his administration will be remembered as one of the greatest of our nation’s history, measured even by the convictions that are most important to us.

We are rightly and deeply concerned. We must pray that God will change President Obama’s heart on a host of issues, ranging from the sanctity of unborn life to the integrity of marriage. We must push back against his contraception mandate that tramples upon religious liberty. Given the trajectory of his first term in office, we are urgently concerned about a second term, knowing that the President will never again face the electorate.

Evangelical Christians must see the 2012 election as a catastrophe for crucial moral concerns. The election of President Obama returns a radically pro-abortion President to the White House, soon after he had endorsed same-sex marriage. President Obama is likely to have the opportunity to appoint one or more justices to the U.S. Supreme Court, and they are almost sure to agree with his constitutional philosophy.

We must pray that President Obama will lead in a spirit of national unity and mutual respect, bringing Americans together to resolve these ominous problems. Incredible responsibility now rests on his shoulders.

As the President acknowledged in his speech last night, our nation faces huge challenges. We must pray that President Obama will lead in a spirit of national unity and mutual respect, bringing Americans together to resolve these ominous problems. Incredible responsibility now rests on his shoulders. He has won a second term, now he must rightly lead.

Christians must never see political action as an end, but only as a means
. We can never seek salvation through the voting booth, and we must never look for a political messiah. Nevertheless, Christians do bear a political responsibility, established in love of God and love of neighbor. We are rightly concerned about this world, but only to a limited extent. Our main concern is the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

quasar

Seasoned Member

#1 [url]

Nov 8 12 1:10 PM

A clearly thought out article by Albert Mohler with attention focused on every avenue of importance pertaining to our president and the action he takes over the next four years.  Which I have been doing now for quite a long period of time.  I pray many will see your thread, Beloved and thank you for sharing it with us.

Quasar

Quote    Reply   

beloved

#2 [url]

Nov 8 12 1:30 PM

A clearly thought out article by Albert Mohler with attention focused on every avenue of importance pertaining to our president and the action he takes over the next four years.  Which I have been doing now for quite a long period of time.  I pray many will see your thread, Beloved and thank you for sharing it with us.

Quasar

-quasar

thank you Quasar. Now, I will keep praying for Romney and family that they will see the error of Mormonism and come to the true Christ. That might be harder for that to happen , but not for God.

Romans 1:17, For in the gospel a righteousness from God is revealed, a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written:"The righteous will live by faith."

Quote    Reply   

beloved

#3 [url]

Nov 10 12 8:14 AM

Are you tired of racial, terror type threats?

TURLOCK, Calif. (AP) — A California woman has been fired and reported to the Secret Service for her President Barack Obama racial slur and assassination comment on Facebook.

The Modesto Bee (http://bit.ly/TPtRc5) says 22-year-old Denise Helms of Turlock posted the inflammatory comments on the social media site shortly after the president's re-election on Tuesday.

She used the n-word in referring to Obama and wrote that maybe he will be assassinated this term.

Helms then told a Sacramento TV station that she wouldn't mind a bit if someone assassinated Obama.

Helms was fired Thursday from her job at the Stone Cold Creamery store

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Woman-fired-for-Obama-racial-slur-on-Facebook-4023129.php#ixzz2BptklqpR

I doubt if the young woman was a Christian. I would hope none of us follow her example in any way.  Our country will always stay divided if we perpetuate this kind of public rhetoric, Keep our personal  opinions to ourselves or among family and friends. We don't have to like who our public officials are but  this type of talk just fans the flames higher and we, and the country, suffers.  Just MO.

Romans 1:17, For in the gospel a righteousness from God is revealed, a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written:"The righteous will live by faith."

Quote    Reply   

quasar

Seasoned Member

#4 [url]

Nov 10 12 8:32 AM

She is only 22 years old and obviously with a marked lack of maturity together with the epitome of political ignorance.  To say nothing of being devoid of the Lord Jesus in her life, as you correctly reason.

Blessings!

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help