Remove this ad

beloved

Lead

Sep 18 12 7:12 AM

Tags : :

Christian Values Cannot Save Anyone. Albert Mohler's article 9/11/12 tells of a Christian mother that stated she had tried to raise her children under the same strong Christian values she was raised with and  was shocked when her daughter announced she had given up believing in God and decided to come out as an atheist.

She wrote to a secular therapeutic columnist that told her she should respect the integrity of her daughters declaration of non-belief. Mohler states, "That is patent nonsense". The counsler, "asserts that she maintains many of the values she learned as a child in church, and simply applies these values now to a secular life."

Mohler says, "Christian values are the problem. Hell will be filled with people who were avidly committed to Christian values. Christian values cannot save anyone and never will. The gospel of Jesus Christ is not a Christian value, and a comfortability with Christian values can blind sinners to their need for the gospel.

Parents who raise their children with nothing more than Christian values should not be surprised when their children abandon those values. If the child or young person does not have a firm commitment to Christ and to the truth of the Christian faith, values will have no binding authority, and we should not expect that they would. Most of our neighbors have some commitment to Christian values, but what they desperately need is salvation from their sins. This does not come by Christian values, no matter how fervently held. Salvation comes only by the gospel of Jesus Christ".

http://www.albertmohler.com/2012/09/11/christian-values-cannot-save-anyone/

This article might help anyone that is raising young children, or teens. I know it brought to my mind a different answer to give either my grandchildren or anyone that thinks they are raising children with "Christian values" and when they go to college, or out into the world to work, they stray from Christ and become secular. It is heart break for many families and becoming more so IMO.

Isn't this essentially the same as so many that say, I am a good person and I believe I will go to heaven?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

quasar

Seasoned Member

#1 [url]

Sep 18 12 8:20 AM

You are absolutely right, Beloved, that salvation comes only by the gospel of Jesus Christ as a Biblical fact.  However, the term "Christian values" actually includes that fact and is nothing more than a "short term" explanation many use to describe their belief in Christ and to His teachings.  By the same token, I have heard many say over a great many years, "I live by the Golden Rule," without a single effort to confess Jesus as Lord and Savior, and say they believe living that kind of life is good enough for them to make it into heaven.  

That there will be multitudes who think they qualify as Christian and fail to make it into the kingdom of God is also a Biblical fact.

Quasar

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help