servant

Lead

Sep 9 12 10:09 AM

Tags : :

Got this in email today..

This is straight forward country thinking
from Jeff Foxworthy... 

Which side of the fence? 

If you ever wondered which side of the fence you sit on, this is a great test! 

If a Republican doesn't like guns, he doesn't buy one. 
If a Democrat doesn't like guns, he wants all guns outlawed. 

If a Republican is a vegetarian, he doesn't eat meat. 
If a Democrat is a vegetarian, he wants all meat products banned for everyone. 

If a Republican is homosexual, he quietly leads his life. 
If a Democrat is homosexual, he demands legislated respect. 

If a Republican is down-and-out, he thinks about how to better his situation. 
A Democrat wonders who is going to take care of him. 

If a Republican doesn't like a talk show host, he switches channels. 
Democrats demand that those they don't like be shut down. 

If a Republican is a non-believer, he doesn't go to church. 
A Democrat non-believer wants any mention of God and religion silenced. 

If a Republican decides he needs health care, he goes about shopping for it, or may choose a job that provides it.
A Democrat demands that the rest of us pay for his. 

If a Republican reads this, he'll forward it so his friends can have a good laugh. 
A Democrat will delete it because he's "offended".

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Sep 11 12 1:40 AM

Well that does sum it up quite well.

Blessings in the name of my Lord Jesus Christ who came in the flesh and now sits at the right hand of our God on high. A confession of faith that the modern Evangelical movement can no longer make!

Quote    Reply   

quasar

Seasoned Member

#2 [url]

Sep 11 12 7:07 AM

Well that does sum it up quite well.

-traveler

What does it sum up, traveler?  It has been moved, because it is not humor, but rather, political sarcasm.

Quasar

Quote    Reply   

servant

#3 [url]

Sep 12 12 5:35 AM

With Mormon's, many of the younger in their faith really do not know what their religion really states. Just like Catholics, many of the lay people don't know what the church's true traditions are. Neither religion is right, but at least the people who hold those faiths are searching for God, and their works are good by and large. (well, except for the phedophile going on with the priests...which those Catholics I know of are disgusted at) Each hold family values high, and they don't go around lobbing off other's heads if they don't bow down to their god. Each group participate in the national day of prayer, and prayer in general. Which is more than could be said for Obama.

The Democratic party showed it's real colors when they took God out of their platform, and dismissed stating that Jerusalem is the capitol of Israel. They uphold the gay agenda. Are against the 2nd amendment. Are for federally funding abortions. The list goes on and on. Neither party is great, and are ultimately controled by tptb, but at least what the Republicans say line up more with my values. As traveler stated, the better of two evils. It is beyond belief that anyone who claims to be Christian would throw in with the Dems, but many Catholics do. Mormons more than not are Republican. Even though I will not accept their religious beliefs as my own, I accept their moral values. Which line up more with God's standards found in the Bible.

There is something strange going on with the fonts on this site. When posting some are smaller and some are bigger when copy/pasting.

Pro 17:22 A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones.

Quote    Reply   

quasar

Seasoned Member

#4 [url]

Sep 12 12 7:22 AM

Having lived among the Mormons for three years and having a daughter and son in law,both Mormon and having employed three Mormons who became my best friends, I am well aware of who and what they are.  They are good people, but they are also non-Christian.

I am also well aware of your political choice as a Republican, which is your prerogative, but you are basing your choice by swallowing an elephant and choking on a knat.  I voted Republican ever since FDR ran for a third term until the GWB/AG election in 2000, when GWB threatened to privatize S.S and Medicare and to start a preemptive war against Iraq - who had nothing to do with the 911 attack on the WTC.

I have revealed to you the results of what the GWB administration has done to this country through links I have posted and the effect it will have on us for decades to come.  Due to the lack of good leadership and the effects the bad leadership of Cheney and Rumsfeld had on him.  Which is the direct cause of our busted economy from the oil fiasco to the destruction of our financial industry and lack of action in correcting the ills of our health program.

The view you hold as to Democrats being Godless is false.  That they have not featured God in their platform is simply because of the law of separation of the State and Religion.  I'm a Democrat and I most certainly not among the Godless.  There are just as many Dems as Reps who worship the Lord.

As for supporting gay rights is concerned, that is because of our equal rights laws which would be violated if their rights were not guaranteed as are all others.  It wouldn't make a bit of difference if Republicans were in office, they too would be bound by the law unless they changed them and discriminated against the gays.  [Which would be fine by me, but I don't make the laws!]

As far as traveler is concerned, neither of you have a clue as to how Obama saved us from a major depression, because you are unaware of how it was handled by FDR after the depression of '29, and how Obama followed the pattern to obtain the same results with the recent recession.  A very important fact about the recovery of employment during the FDR scenario, is that it took NINE YEARS for the country to fully recover the normal emplyment levels!  See the folowing political lessons which I lived through:

http://www.alternativeinsight.com/Hoover_and_the_New_Depression.html

As for your experience with the irratic font size on a single post - that is only the tip of the iceberg as to all the ills we have to deal with on this site.  But I guess we shouldn't gripe since it is free.  The blamed spacing is another problem, another one is not having the ability to edit all posts as can be done by ads and mods on every other web site I have ever worked on.  In addition to not having a selection of either font sizes or color.

Quasar  

Quote    Reply   

quasar

Seasoned Member

#6 [url]

Sep 12 12 11:20 AM

I made no such claim.  That people are demonically oppressed is speculation that requires supportive proof.  What I have stated is that people who have been entered into by demons cannot be Christian, due to the fact that Christians have the indwelling Holy Spirit to prevent such a thing.  A big difference from that of your allegation.

Quasar

Quote    Reply   

quasar

Seasoned Member

#8 [url]

Sep 12 12 8:22 PM

Pardon me?  It is your burden to provide onus probandi for the claims you have made.  You have no Scriptural support for "demon oppression" other than that to people demons had entered into, Jesus had to drive out of them.  During His first advent, the Holy Spirit had not yet come, according to Jn.7:39, until at Pentecost, ten days after He ascended into heaven, according to Acts 1:9 and 2:1-3.  Therefore they could have gotten into people who actually believed in Jesus.  Which cannot take place with true Christians today, who have the Holy Spirit dwelling within them.

There are many who claim they are Christian who by no means have believed, confessed their sins, and received Jesus with faith necessary for Him to give/baptize them with the Holy Spirit.  Mt.3:11.

Jn.3:16; Rom.10:9-10 and Eph.1:13-14.  And are not really true Christians.

Quasar

Quote    Reply   

servant

#9 [url]

Sep 13 12 9:43 AM

Well, since the whole thread has been derailed, I'll throw this in..

Mat 16:22  Then Peter took him, and began to rebuke him, saying, Be it far from thee, Lord: this shall not be unto thee.
Mat 16:23  But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.

Question here is, was Jesus calling Peter a devil, or was Jesus addressing the oppressive spirit that was manifesting through Peter?

1Jn 4:17  Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.
1Jn 4:18  There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.
1Jn 4:19  We love him, because he first loved us.

So, if a believer is being tormented (or oppressed) by a spirit of fear, does that mean they are not a real Christian, or does it mean that God is still working with them in the perfect love business, and the enemy of their souls are still oppressing them? The problem and warning with the blanket statement that no believer can be oppressed or possessed by demons is that there are so many that will then not pray against them at all. Many who are bound up by demons because of their own sins, or because of the enemy seeking whom he may devour hear the whole argument that they cannot be oppressed or possessed and think all is fine.

So, people who believe that Jesus died for them, get baptised in water, and who believe that God has given them the Holy Spirit really are not saved if they still are oppressed by demonic spirits of fear, doubt, etc. I think that a Christian can be oppressed by demons, and I think that they can be manipulated and become a mouthpiece for them as well.

Pro 17:22 A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones.

Quote    Reply   

quasar

Seasoned Member

#10 [url]

Sep 13 12 11:51 AM

It is your burden to provide onus probandi for the claims you have made which you have failed to do except for speculation.  Nothing has been derailed except proving your claims the source of the problems come from demons.

The Scriptures clearly reveal who and what demons are and that they seek the bodies of either humans or animals to get into.  Nothing can be found in the Scriptures about ongoing harassment of anyone by demons who have not entered into a body to do so. 

Quasar

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

servant

#11 [url]

Sep 13 12 12:19 PM

Eph 6:10  Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
Eph 6:11  Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
Eph 6:12  For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

1Pe 5:6  Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time:
1Pe 5:7  Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.
1Pe 5:8  Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:
1Pe 5:9  Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.
1Pe 5:10  But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you.
1Pe 5:11  To him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

Those two pieces of scripture are talking about Christians being oppressed, and come against by the powers of satan, who are demons.

Quote    Reply   

servant

#13 [url]

Sep 13 12 12:45 PM

Oppressed by what?  I fail to see anything about it coming from demons!

Quasar

-quasar

Please answer the question of if Peter was oppressed by satan when Jesus told him to get behind Him. Was Jesus talking to flesh and blood Peter, or two the powers of the air, and about the powers of the air stated in this verse

Eph 6:12  For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

What are the principalities, powers, rulers of darkness if they are not demons?

What is a spirit of fear if not demons?

2Ti 1:7  For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

A spirit means (from the Strongs dictionary)

G4151
πνεῦμα
pneuma
pnyoo'-mah
From G4154; a current of air, that is, breath (blast) or a breeze; by analogy or figuratively a spirit, that is, (human) the rational soul, (by implication) vital principle, mental disposition, etc., or (superhuman) an angel, daemon, or (divine) God, Christ’s spirit, the Holy spirit: - ghost, life, spirit (-ual, -ually), mind. Compare G5590.

Quote    Reply   

quasar

Seasoned Member

#14 [url]

Sep 13 12 6:55 PM

Please answer the question of if Peter was oppressed by satan when Jesus told him to get behind Him. Was Jesus talking to flesh and blood Peter, or two the powers of the air, and about the powers of the air stated in this verse
What are the principalities, powers, rulers of darkness if they are not demons?
What is a spirit of fear if not demons?
2Ti 1:7  For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
A spirit means (from the Strongs dictionary)
G4151
πνεῦμα
pneuma
pnyoo'-mah
From G4154; a current of air, that is, breath (blast) or a breeze; by analogy or figuratively a spirit, that is, (human) the rational soul, (by implication) vital principle, mental disposition, etc., or (superhuman) an angel, daemon, or (divine) God, Christ’s spirit, the Holy spirit: - ghost, life, spirit (-ual, -ually), mind. Compare G5590.

-servant

What is Satan and his angels?  They are spirit people who were originally among the heavenly host.  What are demons?  They are hybrid creatures consisting of both spirit [angel] and human origin, resulting in the Nephilim, who have died physically with their earthbound spirit left bodiless until the day of judgement according to the Scriptures. 

Satan and his angels are not demons!  With that having been said, make certain you understand what you are talking about.  Satan and his angels are those who can oppress while demons seek t get into a body they do not have and cause mayhem that way.

Quasar

Quote    Reply   

beloved

#15 [url]

Sep 15 12 12:05 PM

The next time  my son goes golfing with Jeff Foxworthy I will ask him to tell him that his Democrat/Republican speculation caused my favorite site to go from politics into the realm of demons!!

I alway thought that demons were the fallen angels of Satan's that were thrown out of heaven and the Nephilim were destroyed in the flood and their spirits were the spirits in prison that Jesus visited after his death on the cross. But, it seems they also were around after the flood. Confusing!! Unless, what the men saw were just larger men and they thought they were the Nephilim. I also, believe that were can be harassed by demons but not indwelt.
1 John 5:18

18. We know that no one who is born of God sins; but He who was born of God keeps him, and the evil one does not touch him.

Many people appear to be Christian. Even think they are I imagine, but they have not trusted Christ as Savior and Lord. Their souls are “unoccupied”. The Holy Spirit does not indwell them. They are open to demonic invasion. That cannot be true of those whose bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit. IMO

It seems there are 2 opinions and both quote Scriptures to prove their points. GotQuestions.org tells both sides. http://www.gotquestions.org/Nephilim-demons.html , and, http://www.gotquestions.org/demons.html  Both sites have Scripture and other sites on GQ to read by clicking on the highlighted area.

I made no such claim.  That people are demonically oppressed is speculation that requires supportive proof.  What I have stated is that people who have been entered into by demons cannot be Christian, due to the fact that Christians have the indwelling Holy Spirit to prevent such a thing.  A big difference from that of your allegation.
Quasar

-quasar

Romans 1:17, For in the gospel a righteousness from God is revealed, a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written:"The righteous will live by faith."

Quote    Reply   

servant

#16 [url]

Sep 15 12 2:42 PM

The problem is, there are too many who call themselves Christians who do not know the Lord. They say they do, but do not as you guys state. So, then the issue of saying Modern Christians cannot be possessed can lead into them doing nothing, thinking all is well. I do not believe that a person who is redeemed and filled with the Holy Spirit can be possessed by demons, but they certainly can be oppressed by them. No matter what a person believes constitute a demon, the fact is, they are there, and we are instructed in scripture that they are who our fight is against. It does not matter if the person believes they are Nephelim, or fallen Angels, or what ever. It is a proven fact that the names listed in scripture that were the false gods can be prayed against, and bound through our authority in Christ. But, a person who has no practical experience with such things will probably not understand that fact.

Then there is the other extreme as well. Especially for people who were in the occult etc but are now redeemed, are trusting in Jesus for their salvation and reconciliation to God, and believe they are filled with the Holy Spirit to actually believe the lies of Satan that say they are still possessed when they are not. That is called being oppressed by demons, but the person believes the lie. If you ever have to work with someone who is a true Christian that was in the occult, then there will probably be some residue left over from that experience that can have physical results. Whether you want to call that possession or oppression is up to you.

Here is another thing about Simon-Peter

Luk 22:31  And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat:
Luk 22:32  But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren.

The question is, was Peter a "Christian" or follower of Christ at this time, or not? Would we have classified him as not being a true Christian today?

If that is true, then Jesus gave authority to someone who was not a true Christian, or believer.

Luk 9:1  Then he called his twelve disciples together, and gave them power and authority over all devils, and to cure diseases.

Another question, were all the people who those devils were cast out of not believers?

Then there is Paul that said this..

1Th 2:18  Wherefore we would have come unto you, even I Paul, once and again; but Satan hindered us.

Hindered (from Strongs Dictionary)
G1465
ἐγκόπτω
egkoptō
eng-kop'-to
From G1722 and G2875; to cut into, that is, (figuratively) impede, detain: - hinder, be tedious unto.

2Co 12:7  And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.

Buffet
G2852
κολαφίζω
kolaphizō
kol-af-id'-zo
From a derivative of the base of G2849; to rap with the fist: - buffet.

2Co 2:11  Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices.

Advantage
G4122
πλεονεκτέω
pleonekteō
pleh-on-ek-teh'-o
From G4123; to be covetous, that is, (by implication) to over reach: - get an advantage, defraud, make a gain.

Rom 16:19  For your obedience is come abroad unto all men. I am glad therefore on your behalf: but yet I would have you wise unto that which is good, and simple concerning evil.
Rom 16:20  And the God of peace shall bruise Satan under your feet shortly. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen.

The person who wrote this epistle also wrote Ephesians, so it only makes sense that he was not talking about actual human beings being put under the Christian's feet, but those principalities of the air, aka: demons. Sounds like they were oppressed to me.

Quote    Reply   

beloved

#17 [url]

Sep 15 12 6:29 PM

servant, in my ignorance, years ago I decided to learn something of new age beliefs and started at a bookstore where they were teaching a Course in Miracles. In the mid sixties or early seventies I think.  I did not take the course. I bought Jess Stern, Ruth Montgomery, Jeanne Dixon, Edgar Cayce and some others books but do not recall the authors. Why the Lord protected me in my ignorance I do not know but He did!! I will always believe that and thank Him.

It was amazing some of the things I saw done such as seeing cards with a persons name and then being able to name the illness they had among other things. It all "felt" wrong to me and I gave the books away. I have felt guilty because I should have burned them. I do recall in one of Jess Stern's book he told people not to play around with a ouija board as it could open you up to demons.

John MacArthur has a series on demons. I think some of it was written in the 70's and much of it has been updated. Each sermon has a place where you can click on a player and read along with the sermon. I didn't realize he had done so much research. It's interesting and enlightening and each article is  a complete sermon so they are quite lengthy.

http://www.gty.org/resources/sermons/1218/demons-and-magic

http://www.gty.org/resources/sermons/42-56/jesus-authority-over-demons-part-1

http://www.gty.org/resources/sermons/42-57/jesus-authority-over-demons-part-2

http://www.gty.org/resources/sermons/42-58/jesus-authority-over-demons-part-3

Romans 1:17, For in the gospel a righteousness from God is revealed, a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written:"The righteous will live by faith."

Quote    Reply   

quasar

Seasoned Member

#18 [url]

Sep 15 12 8:25 PM

The next time  my son goes golfing with Jeff Foxworthy I will ask him to tell him that his Democrat/Republican speculation caused my favorite site to go from politics into the realm of demons!! [image]I alway thought that demons were the fallen angels of Satan's that were thrown out of heaven and the Nephilim were destroyed in the flood and their spirits were the spirits in prison that Jesus visited after his death on the cross. But, it seems they also were around after the flood. Confusing!! Unless, what the men saw were just larger men and they thought they were the Nephilim. I also, believe that were can be harassed by demons but not indwelt.1 John 5:1818. We know that no one who is born of God sins; but He who was born of God keeps him, and the evil one does not touch him.Many people appear to be Christian. Even think they are I imagine, but they have not trusted Christ as Savior and Lord. Their souls are “unoccupied”. The Holy Spirit does not indwell them. They are open to demonic invasion. That cannot be true of those whose bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit. IMOIt seems there are 2 opinions and both quote Scriptures to prove their points. GotQuestions.org tells both sides. [url] , and, [url]  Both sites have Scripture and other sites on GQ to read by clicking on the highlighted area.

-beloved

Hi Beloved, The fallen angels of Satan's were the fathers of the Nephilim they had by the "daughters of men," and were the ones locked up.  When the Nephilim died, their hybrid spirit/souls were all left earthbound until the day of Judgement.  As you find in the Scriptures, they always attempted to enter into either people or animals.

See the following for the complete info on them:

http://deeperwalk.lefora.com/2011/07/05/who-the-sons-of-god-daughters-of-men-nephilim-and--2/

Quasar

Quote    Reply   

servant

#19 [url]

Sep 16 12 2:36 AM

servant, in my ignorance, years ago I decided to learn something of new age beliefs and started at a bookstore where they were teaching a Course in Miracles. In the mid sixties or early seventies I think.  I did not take the course. I bought Jess Stern, Ruth Montgomery, Jeanne Dixon, Edgar Cayce and some others books but do not recall the authors. Why the Lord protected me in my ignorance I do not know but He did!! I will always believe that and thank Him.
It was amazing some of the things I saw done such as seeing cards with a persons name and then being able to name the illness they had among other things. It all "felt" wrong to me and I gave the books away. I have felt guilty because I should have burned them. I do recall in one of Jess Stern's book he told people not to play around with a ouija board as it could open you up to demons.
John MacArthur has a series on demons. I think some of it was written in the 70's and much of it has been updated. Each sermon has a place where you can click on a player and read along with the sermon. I didn't realize he had done so much research. It's interesting and enlightening and each article is  a complete sermon so they are quite lengthy.
[url]
[url]
[url]
[url]

-beloved

Actually, Beloved, the oijah board is fairly yesterdays play thing. For the new generations, it is all role play games that lead into the pits of Satan. Same principles, but now even worse because it can be 24/7 on the computer. What is interesting about those games is they use the names of demons that can be found in grimories, and many of those names are the same ones found within the texts of the Bible describing the false gods.

That site had an article that was an encouragement this side. Learned alot about the history of the book of Esther. http://www.gty.org/resources/sermons/80-392/esther-for-such-a-time-as-this  It is funny sometimes the things God uses to tell us exactly what we need to hear at the right time.

Quote    Reply   

quasar

Seasoned Member

#20 [url]

Sep 16 12 8:03 AM

Turn Away from Astrology, the Occult, Mediums, Divination and Sorcery

(c) 2005 Doug Britton (Permission granted to print for personal use)

Do not turn to mediums or seek out spiritists, for you will be defiled by them. I am the LORD your God (Leviticus 19:31).

God tells us to turn to him and renounce the occult.

Many people, including Christians, think it's harmless to look at astrological charts or engage in various forms of spiritism. They think it is fun or entertaining.

Others look to astrology, divination, and mediums for guidance, not just entertainment.

But God clearly warns against such practices in many Bible verses. Some reasons the Scriptures warn against engaging in any form of the occult:

We are opening ourselves up to spirits other than God's.

We are not looking to God for guidance, but to the occult.

We are turning away from true faith in Jesus.

We are disobeying God's Word, the Bible.

The Israelites often made the same mistake and turned from God, although God clearly warned them about this.

When you enter the land the LORD your God is giving you, do not learn to imitate the detestable ways of the nations there. Let no one be found among you who sacrifices his son or daughter in the fire, who practices divination or sorcery, interprets omens, engages in witchcraft, or casts spells, or who is a medium or who consults the dead. Anyone who does these things is detestable to the LORD, and because of these detestable practices the LORD your God will drive out those nations before you. You must be blameless before the LORD your God. The nations you will dispossess listen to those who practice sorcery or divination. But as for you, the LORD your God has not permitted you to do so (Deuteronomy 18:9-14).

Saul, Israel's first king, started out well. He expelled mediums and spiritists from the land, yet then violated God’s word and his own conscience by consulting a medium (1 Samuel 28:3-25). His end was tragic (1 Samuel 31:1-6).

New Testament Christians turned from sorcery. Let their example serve as an inspiration and a warning.

Many of those who believed now came and openly confessed their evil deeds. A number who had practiced sorcery brought their scrolls together and burned them publicly. When they calculated the value of the scrolls, the total came to fifty thousand drachmas. In this way the word of the Lord spread widely and grew in power (Acts 19:18-20).

These verses are given to us as warnings. God wants us to learn from the examples he gives in the Bible, and to avoid making the same mistakes. He loves us and wants us to turn from anything that will get between us and the joyful life he offers!

Bible verses warning about mediums and spiritists

Do not turn to mediums or seek out spiritists, for you will be defiled by them. I am the LORD your God (Leviticus 19:31).

I will set my face against the person who turns to mediums and spiritists to prostitute himself by following them, and I will cut him off from his people (Leviticus 20:6).

When men tell you to consult mediums and spiritists, who whisper and mutter, should not a people inquire of their God? Why consult the dead on behalf of the living? (Isaiah 8:19).

Bible verses warning about astrology

And when you look up to the sky and see the sun, the moon and the stars—all the heavenly array—do not be enticed into bowing down to them and worshiping things the LORD your God has apportioned to all the nations under heaven (Deuteronomy 4:19).

... and contrary to my command has worshiped other gods, bowing down to them or to the sun or the moon or the stars of the sky (Deuteronomy 17:3).

All the counsel you have received has only worn you out! Let your astrologers come forward, those stargazers who make predictions month by month, let them save you from what is coming upon you. Surely they are like stubble; the fire will burn them up. They cannot even save themselves from the power of the flame. Here are no coals to warm anyone; here is no fire to sit by. That is all they can do for you—these you have labored with and trafficked with since childhood. Each of them goes on in his error; there is not one that can save you (Isaiah 47:13-15).

Hear what the LORD says to you, O house of Israel.This is what the LORD says: "Do not learn the ways of the nations or be terrified by signs in the sky, though the nations are terrified by them" (Jeremiah 10:1-2).

In every matter of wisdom and understanding about which the king questioned them, he found them ten times better than all the magicians and enchanters in his whole kingdom (Daniel 1:20).

Bible verses warnings about divination, sorcery and magic charms

Do not practice divination or sorcery (Leviticus 19:26).

Therefore this is what the Sovereign LORD says: I am against your magic charms with which you ensnare people like birds and I will tear them from your arms; I will set free the people that you ensnare like birds (Ezekiel 13:20).

The idols speak deceit, diviners see visions that lie; they tell dreams that are false, they give comfort in vain. Therefore the people wander like sheep oppressed for lack of a shepherd (Zechariah 10:2).

"So I will come near to you for judgment. I will be quick to testify against sorcerers, adulterers and perjurers, against those who defraud laborers of their wages, who oppress the widows and the fatherless, and deprive aliens of justice, but do not fear me," says the LORD Almighty (Malachi 3:5).

Bible verses warnings about idol worship

You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me (Exodus 20:4-5).

Watch yourselves very carefully, so that you do not become corrupt and make for yourselves an idol, an image of any shape, whether formed like a man or a woman, or like any animal on earth or any bird that flies in the air, or like any creature that moves along the ground or any fish in the waters below (Deuteronomy 4:15-18).

God's love for you — Click here for verses on God's love.

There is a spiritual element in life, centered around a loving God who created us for friendship and fellowship. Click here for Bible verses describing God's love for you.

Bookmark this study on the Bible, astrology, and the occult and add it to your "Favorites."

From:  http://www.dougbrittonbooks.com/onlinebiblestudies-newagespiritualwarfare/astrologyoccultmediumsdivinationsorcery.php

Quasar

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help