Remove this ad

beloved

Lead

Feb 29 12 2:39 PM

Tags : :

Please pray for my granddaughter Stevie (Steffany). She is in the hospital in Lubbock, Tex.right now waiting to be airlifted to Houston, Tx. to have a heart transplant. This morning they put a balloon stint in because she could not get enough oxygen to heart. Her heart stopped twice during surgery and she is being kept sedated at this point until they can move her tonight. They are concerned she will not do well on the trip. They have put her at the top of the list for a transplant. Your prayers for she and her mother both would be appreciated. I will be flying to Houston either tomorrow or Friday.

Thank you,

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

quasar

Seasoned Member

#1 [url]

Feb 29 12 8:39 PM

I am so very sorry to learn of the serious health problem your granddaughter Steffany has, Beloved and I will certainly add her to my prayers.  It is hard for us older folks to understand how many of our younger ones are having such serious health problems these days, isn't it?

Please keep me posted on her progress.

God bless.

Quasar

Quote    Reply   

beloved

#2 [url]

Mar 1 12 8:33 AM

I am so very sorry to learn of the serious health problem your granddaughter Steffany has, Beloved and I will certainly add her to my prayers.  It is hard for us older folks to understand how many of our younger ones are having such serious health problems these days, isn't it?
Please keep me posted on her progress.
God bless.

Quasar

-quasar

Quasar, thank you so much for your concern. It is hard to see a younger person have such problems, but I know there is a reason for anything that God allows to happen to us. Personally I have reached out to many to pray for her, her mother, daughter and son. The daughter is staying with a Christian lady that used to take her to church until they moved away and now she will get to go again. I will be staying with my daughter when Stevie is moved and I feel the Lord is giving me the opportunity to share the Gospel with her. I feel this so strongly. I don't know how many lives will be exposed to the sacrifice of Christ because of this. I was reading Acts 7 & 8 this morning and it tells of Stephen, his stoning, the saints scattering from Jerusalem and then taking the Word to other parts of their world. Those two chapters certainly strengthen any ones faith.

As of 11:20 PM Est St Lukes in the TX Medical center sent a fax that no rooms were available right then and they would call them when one was available so her transfer was put on hold. They are keeping her sedated because it is easier on her heart plus she tries to pull out the oxygen "thingy" in her nose and the tubes from her hands. Her mother is riding with someone as soon as Stevie is transported so that is a financial burden off of me and some hotel friends are looking for rooms with their discount at Marriott's. And our new pastor and members are praying for us. Plus ones here and at another site.

The Lord is good isn't He Quasar?

Romans 1:17, For in the gospel a righteousness from God is revealed, a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written:"The righteous will live by faith."

Quote    Reply   

servant

#3 [url]

Mar 1 12 11:03 AM

The Lord is good, Beloved. I am praying for your granddaughter.

Thank-you for sharing about reading Acts 7 & 8. Stephen has been on my mind lately as well.

Blessings.

Pro 17:22 A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones.

Quote    Reply   

quasar

Seasoned Member

#4 [url]

Mar 1 12 9:43 PM

Thanks for the update on Stevie, Beloved, and I know she is in good hands as the Lord is keeping vigil over her Himself, in response to the prayers requesting Him to do so.

Will continue to keep her in my prayers.

God Bless!

Quasar

Quote    Reply   

beloved

#5 [url]

Mar 8 12 2:19 PM

Sorry I took so long in responding. I am in Houston and due to Ga. flying weather I could not leave until Sunday. Sfchedules change rapidly but Stevie was on the ventilator with the Balloon stint that was inserted in Lubbock. During the week the decision was made remove the balloon and ventilator because blood flow was better and more oxygen getting to heart.
Then to leave it and postponed surgery giving the heart time to build strength , take her off the transplan list tand see if they would have a heart and could avoid the interim mechanical heart and that would be only one surgery.if the situation would call for that.. Wednesday decision was made to put in a L-Vad the latter part of this week or the first of next and put her back on the transplant list ..Today, Thursday, tests run showed she had advanced as far as possible as kidneys showed some slowing down.

She was put in for 6AM tommorrow (Friday) and surgery around 8. 4 or 5 hr surgery.

Thank all of you for praying and again, especially in the morning.

Quasar, I won't have time to posts that in prayers on Carm, would you mind doing that for me?

I am using the library at the hospital and cell phones cannot be used in ICU and the solar activity is causing computers not to alway function along with the phone.

We are trying to not leave the room so we won't miss doctors..

Thanks.  

Romans 1:17, For in the gospel a righteousness from God is revealed, a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written:"The righteous will live by faith."

Quote    Reply   

quasar

Seasoned Member

#6 [url]

Mar 9 12 5:00 AM

Thanks for taking the time to post the latest word about Stevie, Beloved. I will keep her in my prayers and will be happy to post your prayer request on CARM.  And may your trip home from Houston be a safe one.  Look forward to talking with you further about this in the near future.

God Bless!

Quasar

Quote    Reply   

beloved

#7 [url]

Mar 10 12 6:55 AM

Thank you Quasar and to all that have prayed for  Stevie.

Late afternoon before last (Thursday) the heart still showed small amount of healing on one side but doctor said that they check a couple of times a day to see how other organs or doing and have to make a decision about the artificial heart if a heart is not available yet. Her kidneys were showing beginning signs of a problem so they had to go the artifical heart device quickly and back to the heart transplant list. She went to surgery yesterday, Friday at 6AM and surgery @ 8:30 AM and out at 12. It is the partial but still takes up most of her cavity. I will get the website for the device for you later....

She did OUTSTANDINGLY well. The doctors said probably due to her age, her physical health except for the heart and her outlook as.......normally they leave the clamps open for a period of time so that they can observe the heart due to possibility of bleeders, and she was in the extremely low percentage that they closed within minutes. Isn't the Lord wonderful?  She went immediately..around noon, to the ICU where she will be 3-5 days according to how she does and then to the ICU where she was before. This ICU is very limited to 4 times a day for 30 minutes and so far only we visited immediate while she was asleep..the other 2 times she didn't want anyone in. BUT last nite at 11 they took out the ventilator and this morning at 5 they had her sitting in a chair..I told her mom and friend that I would always call first at this point as she would know they are here but it wouldn't drain her strength at least for a couple of days.

This may cause her stay to be 2 months and we will know more later..It is flexible according to how well she heals, etc..

Quote    Reply   

servant

#8 [url]

Mar 10 12 4:05 PM

Glad to hear this Beloved. Thanks for keeping us informed.

Pro 17:22 A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

quasar

Seasoned Member

#9 [url]

Mar 10 12 8:24 PM

So glad to hear Stevie is doing so well, Beloved and will continue in prayer for her that she will make a full and speedy recovery.

Blessings,

Quasar

Quote    Reply   

quasar

Seasoned Member

#10 [url]

Mar 17 12 3:53 AM

How is Stevie doing Beloved?  I she still doing well, and has a replacement heart available for her yet?  Or do the doctors think she needs one now?

Blessings,

Quasar

Quote    Reply   

beloved

#13 [url]

Apr 2 12 6:59 AM

Hurray, I am home. 11PM Saturday evening. The house was in fair shape, Gene was well and cat and dog were alive so all went well while I was gone a few days shy of one month. Went to church last evening as we had a revival starting but found I almost went to sleep and came home and went directly to bed. Guess I really am not as young as I used to be!!!!!!!

My daughter went home Wednesday to take care of Stevie's daughter and I stayed until Saturday. Stevie went home Monday, March 26th so today is one week. Sorry I haven't written anyone as I had little access to a computer and seems we stayed so busy riding a bus to the hospital and cell phone accessability was limited, that it made communication almost impossible.

The 3 doctors told us (and the nurses on the floor) that she had started to heal faster than anyone they had so far. Probably due to her age, physical condition and attitude. Off of pain pills in three days except for tylenol. She was up walking the second day dragging the rack with all the tubes. Then a week later on came the battery pack and only on the "plugged" in machine at night. They finally found a vest that would fit her so the batteries could be...one on each side...taken from the front which caused much back pain with all of that weight. Here is a site from Mayo clinic that might explain it more. It explains what a VAD is and hers is a L-VAD concerns the left ventricle. She is back on the heart transport list in case of any problems with the L-VAD and if her heart completely heals, that will be removed and taken off of the transport list. We pray that will happen and she has met a couple of people this happened to. Then some that had a problem (mostly with infection at the site where the wires come out at a site near the middle of the stomach and connect to the batteries.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/lvad/MY01077

She has two sets of batteries, one to wear, take off and charge, and the other to put on immediately. Each night she is hooked up to a large battery.  There is another battery to be used only if electricity is off long enough for the two battery sets to be depleted and it is one for 12 hours that would allow you to get to the hospital. Because of this, she will be in Lake Jackson many months (probably 6-9 at the least)until heart heals, or she has a transplant.

The above URL is the first page and to understand all of it there are more pages of explanation.

My pastor called every couple of days when he could get through and our church and sons churches were praying. We do appreciate all of your concerns and prayers and I saw miracle after miracle happen with Stevie. Lubbock doctors did not know if they could keep her alive before she got to Houston and until tests were run there we didn't know what could happen. We are so thankful to all the people that prayed for her, and for us, and thanks and praise to the Lord every day............almost every hour.

Her uncle was able to come to Houston and do a show at the Comedy Warehouse and she was able to go Friday by resing that afternoon and make sure all her batteries were charged. She was tired Saturday and did not think she should go that night so she was disappointed, but thankful what God has done for her and how rapidly she is healing.

Quasar, you will like this...the father of her fiancee is installing internet and taking a computer to them and she asked for the got questions site. They had already installed cable TV there for them and a generator. I gave her the URL's for only........got questions, John MacArthur site and Charles Stanley. She professed interest in them. With limited time that is all she needs for now. Prayers ...I believe...created that interest and I waited to give her the study Bible I had taken until I saw that interest.

Please keep her on all of your prayer lists as she has a long way to go and potential problems with the L-Vad but all that I have seen, I think the Lord will lead her to be a stong witness for Him and to her salvation and her fiancee.

Again, I thank all of you and I am so blessed to have this site and to have all of you as friends and prayer warriors.

Quote    Reply   

quasar

Seasoned Member

#14 [url]

Apr 2 12 8:22 AM

So glad you have returned safe and sound and that Stevie is doing so well.  Thank you so much for the above review of the events over the past month.  I have seen the L-Vad in a report on TV not more than a week or so ago.  An awesome device, but my goodness the cost of having to literally apply it to someone!  To be sure, I join with the rest of you in ongoing prayer for Stevie!

I will review all of your above post and get back with you again about it later.  Hope you have gotten rested up by now!

God Bless!

Quasar

Quote    Reply   

servant

#15 [url]

Apr 2 12 9:13 AM

Psa 145:1  David's Psalm of praise. I will extol thee, my God, O king; and I will bless thy name for ever and ever.
Psa 145:2  Every day will I bless thee; and I will praise thy name for ever and ever.
Psa 145:3  Great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised; and his greatness is unsearchable.
Psa 145:4  One generation shall praise thy works to another, and shall declare thy mighty acts.
Psa 145:5  I will speak of the glorious honour of thy majesty, and of thy wondrous works.
Psa 145:6  And men shall speak of the might of thy terrible acts: and I will declare thy greatness.
Psa 145:7  They shall abundantly utter the memory of thy great goodness, and shall sing of thy righteousness.
Psa 145:8  The LORD is gracious, and full of compassion; slow to anger, and of great mercy.
Psa 145:9  The LORD is good to all: and his tender mercies are over all his works.
Psa 145:10  All thy works shall praise thee, O LORD; and thy saints shall bless thee.
Psa 145:11  They shall speak of the glory of thy kingdom, and talk of thy power;
Psa 145:12  To make known to the sons of men his mighty acts, and the glorious majesty of his kingdom.
Psa 145:13  Thy kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and thy dominion endureth throughout all generations.
Psa 145:14  The LORD upholdeth all that fall, and raiseth up all those that be bowed down.
Psa 145:15  The eyes of all wait upon thee; and thou givest them their meat in due season.
Psa 145:16  Thou openest thine hand, and satisfiest the desire of every living thing.
Psa 145:17  The LORD is righteous in all his ways, and holy in all his works.
Psa 145:18  The LORD is nigh unto all them that call upon him, to all that call upon him in truth.
Psa 145:19  He will fulfil the desire of them that fear him: he also will hear their cry, and will save them.
Psa 145:20  The LORD preserveth all them that love him: but all the wicked will he destroy.
Psa 145:21  My mouth shall speak the praise of the LORD: and let all flesh bless his holy name for ever and ever.

Quote    Reply   

beloved

#16 [url]

Apr 6 12 5:42 AM

servant, thank you for those Scriptures.

I talked to Stevie yesterday.She seems to be pushing herself as she says the doctor told her to and that she will know when to stop and rest. She has always been an energetic person anyway. Each Thursday she and the main caregiver go back to the hospital for tests so I will call her later this evening to see how they think she is doing. She was in such good health previously and that seems to make all the difference in her potential heart recovery.

Please keep her in all of your prayers as there are a few things that could go wrong with the L-VAD itself plus infection from the exit of the wires to the batteries she carries.

I told her if Dick Cheney had one for 20 months that she had a great role model to follow.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help