Tags : :
1. What does being saved mean? It means God has forgiven you for your sins and disbelief in His only begotten Son,Jesus Christ, whom He sent to die for you, and to pay your sin debt, and those of us all, in full, in our place. When He shed His blood and died on a cross, in doing so. Who died and was raised from the dead after three days, to live forever with our Father in heaven, according to the Scriptures.
2. So what must I do then to be saved? "For God so loved the world He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:16.
Which means, when you believe God sent His only begotten Son to the earth, to shed His blood and die on a cross, to pay for your sin debt, and mine, in full, That He died and was raised from the dead on the third day, your soul will not perish and suffer in Hell forever, but rather, have everlasting life with Jesus and our Father in heaven.
3. In another place is written: "That if you confess with your mouth, 'Jesus is Lord,' and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved." Romans 10:9-10.
4. You will then receive the Holy Spirit and your salvation is guranteed, as it is written: "And you also were included in Christ when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation [As written above]. Having believed, you were marked in Him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God's possession [Of those who come along after us] - to the praise of His glory." Eph.1:13-14.
5. "I [Jesus] give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father's hand." John 10:27-29.
6. The above plan for our salvation is God's free gift for all of us who believe in Jesus who came to reconcile us to God, who sacrificed His only begotten Son, Jesus Christ. Who paid the sin debt of us all. who are lost through the disobedience of Adam and Eve, in the very beginning. It cannot be earned by works of any kind, nor is there a single thing any of us can do to earn our salvation, or it would no longer be God's free gift. As we find in Eph.2:8-9: "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast."
7. Why should I be saved? "But now a righteousness from God, apart from the law, has been made known, to which the Law and the Prophets testify. This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by His grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus. God presented Him as a sacrifice of atonement, through faith in His blood." Romans 3:21-25.
8. How do I know I need to be saved? "Whover believes in Him [Jesus] is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in God's only begotten Son." John 3:18.
9. "Then he will say to those on His left [non-believers], 'Depart from me, you who are cursed [since Adam and Eve], into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels." Matthew 25:41.
"Then they [non-believers] will go away to everlasting punishment, but the righteous [believers] to everlasting life." Matthew 25:46.
10. "The Lord is not slow in keeping His promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance." 2 Peter 3:9.
For any questions you may have pertaining to the above, please feel free to ask right here on this forum. It is free to join and to participate with the rest of us when and as you feel comfortable in doing so.
May God bless you all!