Remove this ad

quasar

Seasoned Member

Lead

Mar 31 10 7:41 PM

Tags : :

The Origin of Demons -

According to the Bible, the origin of evil and, subsequently, demons or evil spirits began with the fall of Lucifer. Most Bible students are fully aware of this.

We understand from scripture that these fallen angels are powerful beings who occupy the atmosphere and stratosphere of our Earth. We also know from scripture that there is a hierarchy or order among the evil spirits with Satan being the chief.

In Ephesians 6:12 we read, For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

There are classes of evil spirits or demons and some of those evil spirits are bound to this Earth. It is the origin of the earthbound demons that is the focus of this article.

It is from one of the lost books of the Bible that gives us a clue to the identity of these evil spirits that I believe are responsible for hauntings and possessions that we hear so much about in our modern day world.

The book is called the book of Enoch. Although it is not considered part of scripture or the sacred text of the Bible, it is the only lost book that is quoted in the Bible. Jude stated, "And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying , Behold , the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints," Jude, who was a prophet, quoted from the book of Enoch so the Jews of Jude's day were familiar with the book.

It is from the book of Enoch and the book of Genesis that gives a hint about a new class of demon that is not a fallen angel but a hybrid of man and angel. This article focuses on the origin of those demons.

In the book of Genesis we read 2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.

Who were these sons of God? In the book of Job the sons of God are identified as angels. Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them. Job 1:6

Concerning the daughters of men the book of Enoch states in Chapter 7 verse 1 It happened after the sons of men had multiplied in those days, that daughters were born to them, elegant and beautiful. Notice there is a distinction between sons of God and sons of men. The women that were the earlier descendants of Adam were, in all likelihood, were far prettier than the women of our day.

Genesis simply stated that the sons of God or angels took wives of the daughters of men which brings up questions. Why or how could an angel, a being that neither marries or is given in marriage, take a wife? Why would an angel even want to? According to scripture angels are spirit beings.  Because they had been given the power as messengers of God to transform themselves into the visible form of man, as recorded in Gen.18 and 19.

Hebrews 1:13-14 tell us about the angels who have not fallen: 13 But to which of the angels said he at any time, Sit on my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool ? 14 Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?

Again, the book of Enoch chapter 7 gives us a clue about a specific group of angels who had probably not yet fallen but committed sin against God.

2 And when the angels, the sons of heaven, beheld them, they became enamoured of them, saying to each other, Come, let us select for ourselves wives from the progeny of men, and let us beget children.

3 Then their leader Samyaza said to them; I fear that you may perhaps be indisposed to the performance of this enterprise;

4 And that I alone shall suffer for so grievous a crime.

5 But they answered him and said; We all swear;

6 And bind ourselves by mutual execrations, that we will not change our intention, but execute our projected undertaking.

7 Then they swore all together, and all bound themselves by mutual execrations. Their whole number was two hundred, who descended upon Ardis, which is the top of mount Armon.

Here we have a group of 200 angels who had become enamored of the beauty of women (God stated man was created in His image) who made a pact to make some of these women their wives and they all knew it was a "grievous crime".

The book of Jude helps to explain how this could have happened. Chapter 1 Verses 6 and 7 read, 6 And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day. 7 Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication , and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

This tells us that a group angels "kept not their first estate" which could mean that these angels abandoned their own home. These angels were not kicked out of heaven but abandoned it. It could also mean that these angels abandoned their celestial bodies to take on physical ones because we have incidents in scripture were angels have appeared to men in the form of human beings and scripture also tells us that sometimes we may entertain angels without knowing it.

Notice the sin of these angels: "going after strange flesh" which is the lure of all sexual sin.

What was the result of this union of angels and women? There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.  Half from angels who left their first estate as part of the heavenly host and that of the daughters of human men.  Having no citizenship spiritually either in heaven or on earth.

We know that God destroyed the earth with flood sometime after this union that produced a race of giants or Nephilim. The book also stated these giants were on the earth afterward. How could that be if the flood killed all but Noah and his family?

The book of Enoch offers an explanation in Chapter 15 8 Now the giants, who have been born of spirit and of flesh, shall be called upon earth evil spirits, and on earth shall be their habitation. Evil spirits shall proceed from their flesh, because they were created from above; from the holy Watchers [sons of God/angels] was their beginning and primary foundation. Evil spirits shall they be upon earth, and the spirits of the wicked shall they be called. The habitation of the spirits of heaven shall be in heaven; but upon earth shall be the habitation of terrestrial spirits, who are born on earth.

This tells us that the spirit of the Nephilim are earthbound evil spirits. These same spirits are also subject to the command of the more powerful fallen angels. I believe it is these spirits that are the ones responsible for hauntings, pretending to be the voices of people who have passed away, taking possession of the bodies of people because they once had bodies and desire to be in one again.

The book of Enoch also reveals that this hybrid of angels and humans also were taught sorcery and astrology along with many inventions. This altered the world of that time so completely that God destroyed it with flood.

Some people believe that Satan and evil spirits do not exist. They are very foolish. The origin of demons began with the fall of Satan and the subsequent fall of angels [sons of God]. Satan also led man into falling into sin. However, we all have hope because Jesus died on the cross to take away our sin and give us hope for a future where evil does not exist. Satan, the Nephilim, and fallen angels have already been defeated.

By: Gary Goodworth

Biblical reference to the Giants/Nephilim of the earth who became the demons:

GIANTS

ji'-ants The word appears in the King James Version as the translation of the Hebrew words nephilim ( ); repha'im ( , etc.); rapha' ( ), or raphah ( ); in one instance of gibbor, literally, "mighty one" ( ).
In the first two cases the Revised Version (British and American) changes "giants" into the Hebrew words "Nephilim," nephilim, and "Rephaim," repha'im, respectively. The "Nephilim of are not to be confounded with the "mighty men" subsequently described as the offspring of the unlawful marriages, of "the sons of God" and "the daughters of men." It is told that they overspread the earth prior to these unhallowed unions. That the word, whatever its etymology, bears the sense of men of immense stature is evident from the later passages; . The same is true of the "Rephaim," as shown by the instance of Og ( ). There is no doubt about the meaning of the word in the ease of the giants mentioned in and .

When did Giants live?

Those mentioned in the Bible, Nephilim, Emim and Anakim, may have been a tiny element of a once expansive human giant civilization, especially before the Great Flood of the Bible, and other sources.
Giants (1.) Heb. nephilim , meaning "violent" or "causing to fall" (Gen 6:4). These were the violent tyrants of those days, those who fell upon others. The word may also be derived from a root signifying "wonder," and hence "monsters" or "prodigies." In Num 13:33 this name is given to a Canaanitish tribe, a race of large stature, "the sons of Anak." The Revised Version, in these passages, simply transliterates the original, and reads "Nephilim." (2.) Heb. rephaim , a race of giants (Deu 3:11) who lived on the east of Jordan, from whom was descended. They were probably the original inhabitants of the land before the immigration of the Canaanites. They were conquered by Chedorlaomer (Gen 14:5), and their territories were promised as a possession to Abraham (Gen 15:20). The Anakim, Zuzim, and Emim were branches of this stock. In Job 26:5 (R.V., "they that are deceased;" marg., "the shades," the "Rephaim") and Isa 14:9 this Hebrew word is rendered (A.V.) "dead." It means here "the shades," the departed spirits in Sheol. In Sam2 21:16, Sam2 21:18, Sam2 21:20, 33, "the giant" is (A.V.) the rendering of the singular form ha raphah, which may possibly be the name of the father of the four giants referred to here, or of the founder of the Rephaim. The Vulgate here reads "Arapha," whence Milton (in Samson Agonistes) has borrowed the name "Harapha." (See also Ch1 20:5, Ch1 20:6, Ch1 20:8; Deu 2:11, Deu 2:20; Deu 3:13; Jos 15:8, etc., where the word is similarly rendered "giant.") It is rendered "dead" in (A.V.) Psa 88:10; Pro 2:18; Pro 9:18; Pro 21:16 : in all these places the Revised Version marg. has "the shades." (See also Isa 26:14.) (3.) Heb. 'Anakim (Deu 2:10, Deu 2:11, Deu 2:21; Jos 11:21, Jos 11:22; Jos 14:12, Jos 14:15; called "sons of Anak," Num 13:33; "children of Anak," Num 13:22; Jos 15:14), a nomad race of giants descended from Arba (Jos 14:15), the father of Anak, that dwelt in the south of Palestine near Hebron (Gen 23:2; Jos 15:13). They were a Cushite tribe of the same race as the Philistines and the Egyptian shepherd kings. David on several occasions encountered them (Sam2 21:15). From this race sprung Goliath (Sa1 17:4). (4.) Heb. 'emin , a warlike tribe of the ancient Canaanites. They were "great, and many, and tall, as the Anakims" (Gen 14:5; Deu 2:10, Deu 2:11). (5.) Heb. Zamzummim (q.v.), Deu 2:20 so called by the Amorites. (6.) Heb. gibbor (Job 16:14), a mighty one, i.e., a champion or hero. In its plural form (gibborim) it is rendered "mighty men" (2 Sam. 23:8-39; Kg1 1:8; 1 Chr. 11:9-47; Ch1 29:24.) The band of six hundred whom David gathered around him when he was a fugitive were so designated. They were divided into three divisions of two hundred each, and thirty divisions of twenty each. The captains of the thirty divisions were called "the thirty," the captains of the two hundred "the three," and the captain over the whole was called "chief among the captains" (Sam2 23:8). The sons born of the marriages mentioned in Gen 6:4 are also called by this Hebrew name.

Compiled by: Dee Finney

The Biblical names of the giants on the earth

There is a tell-tale "mark" if you will, that can be found in the names for the angelic hierarchy. There is the peculiar "im" at the end of most of the names of giant and angel alike. Keep in mind, that the name for the "triune" God is "Elohim" in the Hebrew. Not to confuse God with the Enemy, but this shows a definite linguistic trademark. It is the stamp of "made in heaven". If your still doubting the nature of the nephillim, then you must look at the meaning of their names to get a better picture of what they were. As shown earlier, the term "nephillim" is a generic term designating all the various "tribes". There is a great deal to be learned from the etymology of the names of these things. There were "tribes", and each tribe was distinct. To show the "distinctive" differences between each tribe, we must do a little digging:
Rephaim
Anakim
Emim
Zuzim
Zamzumim
Horim
Zophim
Caphtorim
Gammadim
Seirim
Shedim

Nephillim

-raphah; a giant, dead [Strong's ref. 7497, 7496]
- anaqiy; a desc. Of Anak, to choke, necklace [Strong's ref. 6062, '60,59]
- eymiym; terrors, fright, horror, fear [Strong's ref. 367, '8]
- zuziym; aboriginal tribe, a wild beast [Strong's ref. 2104, '23]
- zamzom; intriguing, native tribe,to plan, devise evil [Strong's ref. 2157,61]
- choriy; cave dweller, troglodyte [Strong's ref. 2752]
- tsophiym; watchers, to observe, to wait for [Strong's ref. 6839, '22]
- kaphtoriy; to encircle, origin of the philistines [Strong's ref. 3732, '31,30]
- gammad; a warrior, to grasp, [Strong's ref. 1575, '74]
- sayir;devil, satyr, he-goat, hairy [Strong's ref. 8163]
- shed; a devil, demon, insolence, waste [strong's ref. 7700, '36]
- nephiyl; a giant, feller, cast down, be judged,fugitive, thrown down, fallen, an abortion [Strong's ref. 5303, '07]

The most interesting of these is the translation for the word"Zophim", This word comes from the root from which we get the word "eyes". This name is also a title of one of the offices of the angelic host, the "watchers" (see Dan.4:17). Put in your head the adjective "observe" in description of the Zophim. Bury this correlation into your brain, because later on you will begin to SEE the light in some bible prophecy I will explain later. Needless to say, all the meanings of these names give somewhat of a descriptive picture of what these things were and about. Ancient Hebrew tradition calls the Anakim the "long-necked ones" (compare with the description of what is known as a "reptilian"). The translation for the word "Caphtorim"shows that the Philistines roots are traced to the nephillim. Goliath was a Philistine, and he was also an Anakim. You will find certain nephillim in scripture that have "six fingers and six toes". Another nephillims weapon and armor are recorded in the bible to have weighed between an estimated 300 to 400 pounds! Another giants "bed" is recorded in the bible as being 21 feet long by 13 feet wide (this is based on the measurement of a cubit, which can not be exactly determined today. I'm basing this measurement on the 27 inch cubit). Ancient Hebrew myths and legends record the nephillim as being 300 feet tall! I'm not kidding. Check it out for yourself. I mean, do these sound like "humans" to you? Lets face it, these THINGS were absolutely NOT HUMAN. We are not just talking about "demon possessed men" here, were talking THING!. God will sometimes relate these to the realm of "men" in scripture, as they were FLESH, but they were NOT human. If anything they were half-human at best, and definitely a MUTATION or HYBRID. Thats what the scripture shows!. In essence, they were (are still?) a "doorway of the physical," from one state ( fallen angel), to another (demon). Nephillim are the least powerful of the hierarchy. They are "confined" to a "house of flesh", which limits their "supernatural" capabilities. I'm telling you, they weren't teaching you everything in Sunday school!. 

These beings are referred ever so subtly under the text.

See also:  http://www.fallenangels-ckquarterman.com/demons-the-children-of-fallen-angels-are-alive-and-well-and-roaming-the-earth/

Quasar

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

quasar

Seasoned Member

#2 [url]

Apr 3 10 4:54 AM

Quasar:
If you have no objections, I would like to put this Article in My Article section on my Forum, very good.
freeman4:

-freeman4

Sure, go ahead and do so, freeman4.  The more who see it, the better understanding about demons, and the less the guesswork about them.

Blessings,

Quasar 

Quote    Reply   

freeman4

#3 [url]

Apr 4 10 5:14 AM

Angels

For by him [Jesus] all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him. (Col 1:16 )
The Lord Jesus created all of the angels. This even includes Michael the archangel, which some cults wrongly think is Jesus! Angels are powerful spirit beings:

God is just: He will pay back trouble to those who trouble you and give relief to you who are troubled, and to us as well. This will happen when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven in blazing fire with his powerful angels. (2 Th 1:6,7)

God's angels worship Jesus:

And again, when God brings his firstborn into the world, he says, "Let all God's angels worship him [Jesus]." (Heb 1:6)
God's angels obey Him:
Praise the LORD, you his angels, you mighty ones who do his bidding, who obey his word. (Psa. 103:20)
God's angels praise Him:
Praise him, all his angels, praise him, all his heavenly hosts. (Psa. 148:2)
God's angels refuse to receive worship:
Then the angel said to me, "Write: 'Blessed are those who are invited to the wedding supper of the Lamb!' " And he added, "These are the true words of God." At this I fell at his feet to worship him. But he said to me, "Do not do it! I am a fellow servant with you and with your brothers who hold to the testimony of Jesus. Worship God! For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy." (Rev 19:9,10)

Jesus could have been delivered by legions of angels from his cruel death on the cross:

Do you think I cannot call on my Father, and he will at once put at my disposal more than twelve legions of angels ? (Mat 26:53)

Angels can bring deliverance:

My God sent his angel, and he shut the mouths of the lions. They have not hurt me, because I was found innocent in his sight. Nor have I ever done any wrong before you, O king. (Dan 6:22)
But during the night an angel of the Lord opened the doors of the jail and brought them out. (Acts 5:19)

Angels will gather the righteous at the point of Jesus return:

And he will send his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other. (Mat 24:31)
And he will send his angels and gather his elect from the four winds, from the ends of the earth to the ends of the heavens. (Mark 13:27)

Demons

And there was war in heaven. Michael and his angels fought against the dragon, and the dragon and his angels fought back. But he was not strong enough, and they lost their place in heaven. The great dragon was hurled down -- that ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, who leads the whole world astray. He was hurled to the earth, and his angels with him. (Rev 12:7-9)

At least some of the angels that sinned long ago have been bound and put away:

For if God did not spare angels when they sinned , but sent them to hell, putting them into gloomy dungeons to be held for judgment; (2 Pet 2:4)

Symptoms of Demon Possession:

There is a wide variety of possible symptoms of demon possession, such as a physical impairment that cannot be attributed to an actual physiological problem, a personality change such as depression or aggression, supernatural strength, immodesty, antisocial behavior, and perhaps the ability to share information that one has no natural way of knowing. It is important to note that nearly all, if not all, of these characteristics may have other explanations, so it is important not to label every depressed person or epileptic individual as demon-possessed. On the other hand, western cultures probably do not take satanic involvement in people‚Äôs lives seriously enough.

There are many Originations around the World that have Demon active  individuals. Some know they are and others do not. 

The individuals who are called Ghost Hunters do not in reality know what they are dealing with. A Demon can and does make himself to become who ever hie wants. No matter if it is a dead brother, sister, Dad, Mom, he can make him self appear as such individuals. A true Christian cannot be deceived by this.

Matthew 24:24

For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and miracles to deceive even the elect--if that were possible.

A truly inspired, Christian will not be deceived into believing those things.

We are beginning to see the full force of Demons at work and we need to be prepaired for this. These Demons are at work in and through individuals in High places, even in out daily contacts and we are asleep to this fact.

So please be aleart and put on the Whole Armor of God for He and only He and His Son and the Angles can protect us from this sin sick World.

freeman4:

Quote    Reply   

quasar

Seasoned Member

#4 [url]

Apr 7 10 5:26 AM

Greetings freeman4,

Good post.  I didn't catch it until today.  I found a very good source of information pertaining to the origin of who and what demons really are.  Though I do not agree with Ryan Mc Ginty on all of his views, I do in a good 90% of the rest of it.  You will find it shocking as well as lengthy, but very informative.  He provides a good argument for the source of the UFO extra terrestrials also.

We know we are protected with the Holy Spirit dselling within us, but woe to all those who play around in the occult, as well as the non-believers.  They are the ones who are fair game for demon possession.

See the following:  http://www.ryanmcginty.com/fallen/

Blessings,

Quasar

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help