Remove this ad

quasar

Seasoned Member

Lead

Jan 29 10 10:00 PM

Tags : :

Hi Friends,

Jesus said it best in His description of the true believer, who are the only ones who are referred to as having Eternal Security, as well OSAS. None of the others qualify, because they were never saved in the first place.

"He said, 'The knowledge of the secrets of the kingdom of God has been given to you, but to others I speak in parables, so that, 'Though seeing, they may not see; though hearing, they may not understand.'" Lk.8:10].

"This is the meaning of the parable: The seed is the word of God. Those along the path are the ones who hear, and then the devil comes and takes away the word from their hearts, so that they may not believe and be saved." {Vs 11 and 12].

"Those on the rock are the ones who receive the word with joy when they hear it, but they have no root. They believe for awhile, but in the time of testing they fall away [Belief that was not combined with faith; Heb.4:2]." [Vs 13, parenthetics mine].

"The seed that fell among the thorns stands for those who hear, but as they go on their way they are choked by life's worries, riches and pleasures and they do not mature." [Vs 14].

"But the seed on good soil stands for those with a noble and good heart, who hear the word, retain it, and by persevering produce a crop." [Vs 15].

Blessings,

Quasar

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

servant

#1 [url]

Jan 30 10 6:06 AM

quasar said: Belief that is not combined with faith.

While reading through Hebrews, I camped awhile on chapter 3. Here are a few thoughts..

The 3rd chapter of Hebrews contains a warning that should be taken to heart.

Quote:
Heb 3:1 Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus;
Heb 3:2 Who was faithful to him that appointed him, as also Moses was faithful in all his house.
We are told to consider the character of Jesus, and then the comparison is made to the faithfulness that Moses had. The faithfulness that Jesus has was/is to the One who appointed him, which is the Almighty.

Quote:
Heb 3:3 For this man was counted worthy of more glory than Moses, inasmuch as he who hath builded the house hath more honour than the house.
Heb 3:4 For every house is builded by some man; but he that built all things is God.
Heb 3:5 And Moses verily was faithful in all his house, as a servant, for a testimony of those things which were to be spoken after;
Heb 3:6 But Christ as a son over his own house; whose house are we, if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm unto the end.

The comparison continues with the fact that Jesus as a man was counted worthy of more glory than Moses even though their faithfulness was/is the same because Jesus was the means by which God made all things. Moses was faithful as a servant in his house just as Christ is faithful as a servant in his house. The last line in verse 6 introduces how we are to also be of his house, there is an IF there…and that is if we are faithful unto the end just as Christ and Moses were faithful. Christ held fast the confidence and rejoicing of the hope that what his Father said would come to pass, and he held firm unto the end.

Quote:
Heb 3:7 Wherefore (as the Holy Ghost saith, To day if ye will hear his voice,
Heb 3:8 Harden not your hearts, as in the provocation, in the day of temptation in the wilderness:
Heb 3:9 When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my works forty years.
Heb 3:10 Wherefore I was grieved with that generation, and said, They do alway err in their heart; and they have not known my ways.
Heb 3:11 So I sware in my wrath, They shall not enter into my rest.)
Heb 3:12 Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.
Heb 3:13 But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.
Heb 3:14 For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;
Heb 3:15 While it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts, as in the provocation.
Heb 3:16 For some, when they had heard, did provoke: howbeit not all that came out of Egypt by Moses.
Heb 3:17 But with whom was he grieved forty years? was it not with them that had sinned, whose carcases fell in the wilderness?
Heb 3:18 And to whom sware he that they should not enter into his rest, but to them that believed not?
Heb 3:19 So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief.

This is a very hard word, and important warning to us here. God is patient, and He is merciful, but there is a point where He will deny our entrance into His house. Take the Hebrews that were shown all of the miracles of God when Moses brought them out of Egypt. They hardened their hearts because the adversity of the deserted, lonely wasteland. The irritation of it all was just to much for them to keep rejoicing in their hope, even after everything that they had seen God do for them. Over and over we witness this in the story. Well, God finally got fed up with their unbelief that finally he became wrathful toward them, and they became empty carcasses in the desert.

Provocation is from this word:
G3894
παραπικρασμός
parapikrasmos
par-ap-ik-ras-mos'
From G3893; irritation: - provocation.

Temptation means:
G3986
πειρασμός
peirasmos
pi-ras-mos'
From G3985; a putting to proof (by experiment [of good], experience [of evil], solicitation, discipline or provocation); by implication adversity: -

temptation, X try.

Wilderness means:
G2048
ἔρημος
erēmos
er'-ay-mos

Of uncertain affinity; lonesome, that is, (by implication) waste (usually as a noun, G5561 being implied): - desert, desolate, solitary, wilderness.
Yes, the times that are coming are going to test our patience. They are definitely going to be an irritation. Our way of life is going to change dramatically and totally in the upcoming years. God does understand human nature, and He is merciful. We do have a grace period where complaints, and even a certain amount of disbelief will be tolerated by Him. But as His Holy Spirit strives with us, and as He speaks to us to hear His words of hope, if we still continue in our unbelief, and hardheartedness because of the adversity…well, we may find ourselves in the camp of those who became carcasses in the wilderness as well.

Our instructions are to be faithful and rejoicing in the hope of Him who has appointed us, and to exhort each other in the upcoming time of wilderness. Right now there are those brethren that are already feeling the effects of the beginnings of God’s judgment here in America. They have lost jobs, homes, and their lives are not the same as before. Those of us that have not felt the effects yet, will very soon. It may be prudent to begin acting in the manner that is pleasing to the Lord right now, no matter what state we currently find ourselves in. If we are not able to rejoice in this beginning of sorrows, how are we to keep our faith clear through until the very end? May we not be as the Hebrews that came out of Egypt. As we witness the miracles of God’s provision and sustenance in the times of war, pestilence, and famines…may we not fall into unbelief as each trial hits us. May we keep our lamps full of the oil of rejoicing, and praise to our God who is able to make all things work for the good of our souls. While reading through Hebrews, I camped awhile on chapter 3. I wrote down some of my thoughts:

Pro 17:22 A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones.

Quote    Reply   

beloved

#2 [url]

Nov 23 10 7:53 AM

Quasar and servant,
thank you both for the above posting. I believe when I pray and ask, the Lord will lead me to Scriptures and information that I need. He did that today. Praise God

Romans 1:17, For in the gospel a righteousness from God is revealed, a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written:"The righteous will live by faith."

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help