Remove this ad

dakota

In His Service

Lead

Jan 12 10 11:32 AM

Tags : :

Hello, I go by Dakota, I live in Eastern Tennessee and I attend a Calvary Chapel. I hope to learn something from your postings and hopefully even contribute in some positive way to the discussions on Biblical Scripture.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

quasar

Seasoned Member

#1 [url]

Jan 12 10 1:00 PM

Hey Dakota!  Welcome aboard!  We might be new, but I'm sure you'll find a lot of the Scriptural work that permeates our forum.  Please dive in and give us the benefit of some of your own views.

BTW, that was a terrific game the Vols played against Kansas!  I'm a neighbor of yours, in Kentucky.  My mom was born in Knoxville.

Dive in, man!  See you on the boards.

Quasar

Quote    Reply   

dakota

In His Service

#2 [url]

Jan 13 10 4:36 AM

Quasar, I was as surprised as the next guy, although I am not much of a basketball fan. This morning's news about Lane Kiffin and USC did hit close to home with me.  We are trying to take care of Knoxville.

Brethren, Let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath; for the wrath of man does not produce the righteousness of God. James 1; 19-20

Quote    Reply   

quasar

Seasoned Member

#3 [url]

Jan 13 10 1:48 PM

Quasar, I was as surprised as the next guy, although I am not much of a basketball fan. This morning's news about Lane Kiffin and USC did hit close to home with me.  We are trying to take care of Knoxville.

-dakota

Q:  Yeah, I was surprised at Pete Carroll leaving USC, where I took some classes many years ago. I'm a third generation native of California.  Kiffin was Carrolls offense coach in 2008 and 9.  I think it is a bum deal for the Vols, even though USC is my concern.

Quasar

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Jan 14 10 12:51 AM

Well Hi and welcome

I'm way north of you guys

Blessings in the name of my Lord Jesus Christ who came in the flesh and now sits at the right hand of our God on high. A confession of faith that the modern Evangelical movement can no longer make!

Quote    Reply   

dakota

In His Service

#5 [url]

Jan 14 10 6:27 AM

Well, my not being a vengeful person over such matters, I am not drooling, thinking about retribution., But, He will pay for his rudeness and lack of honor. You can be greedy in today's world, but rude in the south, No! NO!! No! NO!, not acceptable. But I feel that God got read of an earthly mistake  for us and we will be better with the next guy.

Brethren, Let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath; for the wrath of man does not produce the righteousness of God. James 1; 19-20

Quote    Reply   

dakota

In His Service

#6 [url]

Jan 14 10 6:29 AM

hello! Glad to be here.

Quote    Reply   

servant

#7 [url]

Jan 14 10 6:55 AM

dakota. I've visited Greenville Tennessee before. It is much greener than where we are at here in Colorado! 

Pro 17:22 A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones.

Quote    Reply   

quasar

Seasoned Member

#9 [url]

Jan 14 10 7:50 AM

Sure hope so, Dakota.  The last coach you had who had been with the Vols for so many years was always one of my favorites.  He was a really good one.

Quasar

Quote    Reply   

dakota

In His Service

#10 [url]

Jan 15 10 4:47 AM

Thanks for the welcome everyone, I appreciate it. Servant, what part of Colorado? I used to live in Lakewood and over the hill in Golden for a couple of years.  Of course that was a very long time ago. I still had hair back then and thought like a liberal. (boy, that was a long time ago.)

Traveler, if you way north, you are way cold. The farthest north I seem to go anymore is into the central parts of Ohio, with one or two side trips to the outskirts of Cleveland.

Hello, David. Thanks for the invite.

Quote    Reply   

quasar

Seasoned Member

#11 [url]

Jan 15 10 7:25 AM

My youngest son lives in Castle Rock, CO and my youngest daughter, in Montrose, CO, Dakota.  How far is either one of them from where you are?  And how about from where you are, Servant?

Quasar

Quote    Reply   

servant

#12 [url]

Jan 15 10 1:19 PM

We are right on the Wyoming/Colorado border 3 hours away from any major city in any direction :)

We used to live closer to Grand Juction. I like the climate there better. I think we should be annexed into Wyoming, actually. Sometimes the wind is almost to much to handle! But I do like the slower pace here.

Pro 17:22 A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones.

Quote    Reply   

quasar

Seasoned Member

#13 [url]

Jan 15 10 9:58 PM

You are isolated Servant!  My eldest son was planning on making a move from Apple Valley, CA to Evanston, WY, which may not be too far away from where you guys are.  [Not really close, but -]  But his wife died suddenly last September and those plans are now on hold.  He was with the San Bernardino, CA Sheriff's department for 27 years before retiring 3 years ago.

Quote    Reply   

dakota

In His Service

#14 [url]

Jan 16 10 7:46 AM

My youngest son lives in Castle Rock, CO and my youngest daughter, in Montrose, CO, Dakota.  How far is either one of them from where you are?  And how about from where you are, Servant?
Quasar

-quasar

I am not in Colorado anymore. I moved from there back to Florida back in the 70's and am now in Eastern Tennessee, (for about 5 years now) about 30 minutes from Gatlinburg and the Smoky Mountains. They are not as big as the Rockies, but we love them. They are every bit as majestic as the Rockies in their beauty. God does make beautiful things for us to enjoy.

Quote    Reply   

beloved

#15 [url]

Jun 10 10 12:12 PM

Here I am, late as usual, but hello Dakota. I live in NW Georgia. As southerners say, "Just a spit and jump away from you" I have been waiting 10 yrs for my husband to take me to Gatlinburg. I could go without him but that wouldn't be as much fun. Illness has kept him from going so I don't mind waiting on him!!

I am still reading all the posts here so haven't seen any of yours. Now time seems to have opened up for me so hope to see some of yours starting next week and to start reading all the others. Some of the names here are familar to me. I am mostly a reader and study person but I do get mouthy on occasion. .

Quasar, Castlerock was my first "fender bender" Waterloo. That mall right off the interstate. Woe to women you stop to shop on the way back to Truth or Consequences, NM. At that time they didn't have a red/yellow/green light coming out of the shopping center and when I looked no one was coming so I stuck my car out and just as I was almost to the other side I got whammed. Only a couple of block off the interstate and the exit was 40 mph and poor guy said he should have slowed down, but didn't see me until he had exited and made the turn. sigh. The police told me later they had plans to put install a light as they had had numerous wrecks there. The Lord surely watches out for us in this world. No one hurt and I got to see that pretty little city the day it took to fix my car.

Romans 1:17, For in the gospel a righteousness from God is revealed, a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written:"The righteous will live by faith."

Quote    Reply   

quasar

Seasoned Member

#16 [url]

Jun 11 10 7:36 PM

I haven't seen Dakota for some months now, Beloved.  So I'm not sure if he will be around to respond to your post addressed to him or not.  I think I saw him over at CARM some time ago, but not sure.

Quasar

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help