Remove this ad

beloved

Lead

May 28 13 12:13 PM

Tags : :

Voting members allowed open gays into the BSA by 60%. They excluded leaders though gay activist groups said they would keep on with law suits and bans on donors until that is changed.

Scout Oath Scout Law
On my honor I will do my best To do my duty to God and my country
And to obey the Scout Law;
To help other people at all times;
To keep myself physically strong,Mentally awake, and morally straight.

The ACLU and gay rights activists intimidate organizations with the threats of law suits and bans on businesses. Does anyone think allowing openly gay boys but not leaders in the BSA will stand very long! The barn door is open now and the horse is out.

Let one boy tell that he and his parents had a discussion at the dinner table concerning his sexuality and that his parents do not approve of homosexuality for religious reasons and the family will be sued by one of the above groups.

We can't say everyone is losing all their rights because EVERYONE isn't! I think morals are going down the tube and organizations like the ACLU and Gay rights activists are two of the major ones standing at the top of the tube and pushing them down.

As one person said, " The success of the Boy Scouts of America is due in no small part to their commitment to a set of ideas and principles that have guided the program for more than 100 years."

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

quasar

Seasoned Member

#1 [url]

May 29 13 6:59 AM

Which IMO is the epitome of hypocricy!  See their oath:

Boy Scout Oath or Promise

On my honor, I will do my best To do my duty to God and my country and to obey the Scout Law; To help other people at all times; To keep myself physically strong, mentally awake and morally straight.

Quasar

Quote    Reply   

beloved

#2 [url]

May 29 13 8:23 AM

I agree Quasar. I think most people do not know what to do when their own leaders vote to overlook the oath that each scout takes. I remember when Chick Fil A was targeted. Also Huckabee brought it to many peoples attention on his weekly TV show plus on the radio. People (my husband was one) flooded our local |Chick Fil A on a designated day in protest. Surely someone much smarter than I could apply that same reasoning to the BSA. !.So far I have seen no united protests except in a few news stories on TV| and newspapers. It doesn't always take money to speak up and voice our opposition. But, I do think it takes an united effort.

Would it be inappropriate for churches to have a letter writing effort to the groups that voted?  There is a list of those on the internet and it is eye opening. It would not be a political effort but a moral issue which should be stated in the letter along with the Boy Scout Oath or Promise.

Maybe the members here could weigh in with their thoughts?

Which IMO is the epitome of hypocricy!  See their oath:

Boy Scout Oath or Promise
On my honor, I will do my best To do my duty to God and my country and to obey the Scout Law; To help other people at all times; To keep myself physically strong, mentally awake and morally straight.
Quasar

-quasar

Romans 1:17, For in the gospel a righteousness from God is revealed, a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written:"The righteous will live by faith."

Quote    Reply   

quasar

Seasoned Member

#3 [url]

May 29 13 9:09 AM

I'm afraid no matter how much effort is put forth now, it is coming with too little, too late.  Regardless of those of us with the moral turpitude to protest are faced with the fact of a degenerating nation in which the dye has already been cast.

Quasar

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help