Lead

Feb 9 13 7:51 AM

Tags : :

The precise timing of the pre-trib rapture of the Church

Beginning with Jn.14:2-4 and 28:

"In my Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you [See Jn.20:17]. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. You know the way to the place where I am going." [Jn.14:2-4].

"You heard me say, 'I am going away and I am coming back to you.' If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I." [Jn.14:28].

The Scriptures tell us where we all go, who belong to Christ, after the death of our bodies:

"We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord." As recorded in 2 Cor.5:8, confirming Ecc.12:7. Which is, in and of itself, conclusive to the fact that Jesus is not going to let the rest of His Church remain on earth to go through the seven year tribulation, when He returns for those of us who are still alive, waiting for His appearing. When He has already raised all those who have died in Him, to be with Him, immediately after their physical death, over the past 2,000 years.

Since the Scriptures reveal Our being taken to Jesus spiritually, immediately following the death of our natural human bodies, why is there any doubt at all He would leave the rest of us who will be alive at His coming for us, as recorded in Jn.14:2-4, 28, to go through the worst conditions the earth will ever know, the seven year tribulation? By the grace of God, He has no intention of letting that happen, according to the Scriptural facts revealed here.

A look at 1 Thes.4:13-18:

The Thessalonians were very concerned about those among them who had died, would not be gathered together with them when Jesus returned in vs 13. Paul assures them in vs 14 that they will all be returning with Jesus from heaven, where they have been since He raised them up to be with Him, the day they died physically, according to 2 Cor.5:6-8.
"We believe that Jesus died and rose again and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in Him [Died physically]. Vs 14.

"According to the Lord's own word [Scriptural truth as to the fact that Jesus taught there was to be a pre-trib rapture of the Church, as recorded in Jn.14:2-4 and 28], we tell you that we who are still alive, who are left till the coming of the Lord, will certainly not precede those who have fallen asleep [died]." Vs 15. An assurance by Paul to the Thessalonians that the dead in Christ had already been raised from the dead once before, and were already with Christ in the sky when He returns for all those left on earth, still alive at His coming. Because they have already been raised, each in his/her own turn, as is the case, similar to that as found in 1 Cor.15:23. That is the very reason it is not a resurrection, nor is it documented as such in the Scriptures. Nor does it have anything whatever to do with the second coming of Christ to the earth. More about that later on.

"For the Lord Himself will come down from heaven [With all His saints, according to vs 14], with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first" [Paul again assures them, as seen in verses 13-14, they were already previously raised once before, each in his/her own turn, as they died, over the past 2,000 years]. Vs 16. Since they are already in the clouds of the sky with Jesus when they return together, in vs 14, they most certainly do not need to be raised or resurrected again.

"After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them [All those who previously died in Christ and return with Him in vs 14] in the clouds to meet the Lord in the sky. And so we will be with the Lord forever." Vs 17. Where we proceed with Jesus to our Father in heaven as He promised us in Jn.14:2-4 and 28.

The precise Scriptural timing of the pre-trib rapture of the Church in 2 Thes.2:1-8:

"Concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered to Him [The theme of this entire passage and direct reference to 1 Thes.4:17], we ask you, brothers, not to become easily unsettled or alarmed by some prophecy, report or letter supposed to have come from us, saying that the Day of the Lord [The 70th and final Week/seven year tribulation] has already come." 2 Thes.2:1-2.

[1 Thes.4:17: "After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them [All those who previously died in Christ and return with Him in vs 14] in the clouds to meet the Lord in the sky. And so we will be with the Lord forever." Vs 17. Where we proceed with Jesus to our Father in heaven as He promised us in Jn.14:2-4 and 28].

The "Day of the Lord" Paul refers to in vs 2, alludes to Dan.9:27, when God will intervene into the affairs of man for the last time, culminating in the second coming of Jesus to the earth. In that passage of Scripture, the Day of the Lord is triggered by the "he" who "confirms a covenant/agreement for one Week" [The Day of the Lord/ 70th and final Week/seven year tribulation], who is the beast/antichrist. The second, and same "he," who stops Israel from the offerings and sacrificing in the temple of God, and the third, and same "he," who breaks his covenant in the middle of the Week [After 3.5 of the 7 year total], and sets up the abomination of desolation Jesus referred to in Mt.24:15, in His Olivet Discourse, about the sign of His second coming, and of the end of the age.

Vs 3: "Don't let anyone deceive you in any way, for that Day [The Day of the Lord, the 70th and final Week, the seven year tribulation] will not come, until the "apostasia"/"discessio" [Greek/Latin terms in which the original translation was "to depart," or "departure," [Not "falling away" or "apostasy"] meaning, the rapture of the Church] occurs and the man of lawlessness [The antichrist, and all three of the "he's" in Dan.9:27] is revealed [Who triggers the Day of the Lord/ the 70th and final Week/ the seven year tribulation], the man doomed to destruction."  [Go to the following URL for the original translation history of the Greek term, "apostasia"]

http://www.raptureready.com/featured/ice/TheRapturein2Thessalonians2_3.html

Vs 4: "He [The antichrist] will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God's temple, proclaiming himself to be God." [The abomination of desolation, confirming Dan.9:27 and Mt.24:15].

Vs 7: The rapture of the Church and verse 3 confirmed:

"For the secret power of lawlessness is already at work; but the one who now holds [restrains] it back will continue to do so until he is taken out of the way."

The "he" who will be taken out of the way, is the one body of Christ, each of us who bear the Holy Spirit [Eph.1:13-14], the Church of Jesus Christ.  Reinforcing vs 3 above that reveals the "departure" of the Church and taken out of the way in vs 7.

Immediately following confirms verse 3:

"And then the lawless one [The beast/antichrist] will be revealed, whom the Lord Jesus will overthrow with the breath of His mouth and destroy by the splendor of His coming." Vs 8. [As recorded in Rev.19:17-20].

The beast/antichrist is the same person found in Dan.7:23-27; 8:9-12 and in 9:27, confirmed by Paul, in 2 Thes.2:3,4 and 8.

Quasar